Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Lori !

It is time to pause from the heady world of Theology and Musing , and simply give thanks !
And today on her Birthday I am giving thanks for my wife . I frequently say that Gods greatest gift to me was my wife Lori, unfortunately for Lori I am Gods greatest test for her.
Throughout , my seeking my study , my analyzing , my Don Quiote moments she has stood fast by me. There certainly has been some comedy involved , but some sadness as well.
It hasn't always been easy .... Not that I am comparing myself to a Prophet , but if you can have any idea what it must of been like to be Ezekiel's wife , then you might have some sincere Sympathy for Lori .
and its not just Politics and religion she has to put up with. I have a strange sense of humor , and odd sense of timing and any thing edible seems to give me gas ...
I have night terrors at night ( when else ) . I occasionally watch the road when I drive , and my " shortcuts " usually add two hours to a day trip.
I am unorganized , losing my hearing , and have been known to get more than one days use out of a pair of socks.
where I have ways , I am set in them , and where I have no ways ...there is no way.
And Lori bears all this ...with patience and an occasional Head thwap. ( mine ) but do you blame her ? and I forgive her.
She is steadfast in her faith , a dear friend to all , she is a Giver , she embraces life , has a wonderful laugh , and sings like a choir of Angels ...
She is a great cook , and when she Bakes Chocolate Chip Cookies the world itself takes a deep breath and smiles .
She is my wife , companion , lover and encourager ...She is the face of Christ for me ...and I am so blessed by her love ...
Happy Birthday Lori !!!!!!!

Always and Forever Kenn

1 comment:

sparrow's song said...

A wonderful and amusing birthday tribute to your sweet wife!